Triathlon is a sport which depends greatly on volunteer support. Not just in the every day running of the Club, but for each one of our events we stage.
During our regular season, the Club will call on the assistance of volunteer positions to help with the running of each event. To ensure each race runs smoothly and safely, up to eight people are required to “sit out” and undertake a variety of tasks such as water safety, road marshalling, registration and Junior Help. All roles are overseen by the allotted Race Captain.
During each season, a member will only be expected to attend one (1) duty role which would result in them missing a race. A list of our Duty job descriptions for each role is attached below:
- Volunteer for at least one race in the season by undertaking a rostered duty role
- Attend the race that you are rostered on to and help for the whole race
- Find a replacement if you cannot attend your rostered day (yes, it is your responsibility to find someone!)
- Attend a make-up duty before you are allowed to race again (unless your “swapped” duty is rostered later in the season)
- Turn up @6.00am, report immediately to the race captain and sign on to the roster sheet at rego
- Attend the Duty Roster Briefing 5 mins prior to the race briefing to get final instructions from the Race Captain
- Stay to the end of the race and help pack up
- Smile and be helpful to your fellow club members
- Bring a pair of swimmers and towel in case a water safety person fails to show. We may need you to get wet!
To find out more information regarding the duty roster, please send us an email at email@example.com.
For each season, our duty rules are clear. It is YOUR responsibility to know when you are on duty. You will not be eligible for championship points if you fail to do your duty or find yourself a replacement. You will also not be eligible for Grade Champion titles at the end of the year if you miss your duty.
Keep checking back to make sure you don’t miss the day that you’re rostered on. If you are on duty please be ready to start at 6am. And yes, all volunteers get first dibs on the post-race refreshments too if you fail to do your duty or find yourself a replacement. You will also not be eligible for Grade Champion titles at the end of the year if you miss your duty.